General Manager - Rosewood
The General Manager is accountable to the Owner(s) for optimum resident services in accordance with legislative requirements and Specialty Living standards. Through effective planning, direction and control, the General Manager has the responsibility for achieving targeted occupancy and the effective operation of the Residence within the allocated resources.
The General Manager is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values and employee guiding principles, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
A. General Administration
• Plans, co-ordinates, directs and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities of the Residence;
• Develops short and long term operational plans for the efficient operation of the Residence;
• Delegates responsibility to the leadership team based on clearly defined lines of authority and communication;
• Provides leadership and direction to ensure all aspects of Quality Improvement Program are carried out as scheduled. (Quality Management plan, corporate indicators, monthly QI schedules, currency of policy & procedure manuals);
• Monitors all correspondence and bulletins to ensure they are written in a professional manner;
• Monitors all standing committees to ensure they are functioning within the terms of reference that outlines their function and area of responsibility.
B. Occupancy & Marketing
• Provides support and direction to the leadership team to achieve targeted occupancy numbers;
• Supports marketing staff on initiatives (internal and external) that enhance the reputation of the Residence and maximize lead generating activities;
• Monitors all departments to ensure that the residence is tour ready at all times;
• Establishes marketing objectives with the Director of Marketing on a daily, weekly and monthly targets;
• Reviews reports on You’ve Got Leads on a regular basis to audit traffic & follow –up;
• Attends the weekly marketing meetings to review hot leads and assist with creative follow up;
• Reviews the competitive analysis and makes recommendations on annual rate increases and service enhancements or changes based on the trends in the community.
C. Community Relations
• Fosters positive community partnerships with health and service providers, business leaders, civic officials and other community agencies to promote the home as part of the community;
• Seeks opportunities to ensure a participative working relationship within Local Health Integration Network (LHIN);
• Looks for opportunities to provide support to the community in house and for opportunities to give back to the community;
• Strives to be involved in at least one high profile community agencies / associations.
D. Human Resources
• Demonstrates personal attributes and communication skills that foster teamwork and customer satisfaction at all times and monitors staff performance in relation to both;
• Oversees recruitment, orientation and performance management of all staff;
• Develops and monitors the master schedule to ensure consistency in staffing and service levels;
• Reviews all work assignments to ensure they remain clear and current;
• Supervises, coaches and mentors supervisory employees;
• Oversees the development and implementation of the annual education plan and participates in jumpstart on a quarterly basis;
• Implements staff recognition initiatives in accordance with company guidelines;
• Manages staffing issues promptly and ensures Director of Human Resources is consulted for all terminations or potentially contentious issues;
• Promotes the value of Satisfaction surveys sent out by the company and implements initiatives to respond to key areas of opportunity / concern;
• Ensures that an Employee Relations Committee (non-union homes) and Quality of Work Life Committee are fully developed and working in accordance with the terms of reference.
E. Financial Accountability
• Participates in the development of the annual operating budget;
• Provides input for development of annual capital budget and monitors ongoing capital expenditures through the EAF process;
• Oversees all expenditures utilizing the purchase journals to ensure departments operate within budgetary guidelines;
• Reviews financial statements and takes action on variances to bring expenditures in line with budget;
• Makes adjustments to staffing levels in response to occupancy fluctuations and service enhancement as required;
• Oversees the effective and efficient procurement and supply control procedures in all departments;
• Reviews all bi weekly & month end reports for accuracy and timely submission.
F. Occupational Health & Safety / Fire Safety
• Ensures adherence to all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Fire Code;
• Provides oversight to Occupational Health & Safety Committee to ensure it meets all legislative requirements;
• Monitors all active claims and ensures ongoing efforts are made for early return to work;
• Reports all employee incidents and status of all active claims monthly;
• Reviews the Fire and Emergency plan on an annual basis with all staff to reinforce the roles & responsibilities of staff working different shifts;
• Oversees the implementation of fire & emergency drill procedures and reviews reports to ensure follow up is completed as required.
G. Resident & Family Relations
• Monitors compliance with the policy on Monitoring Resident well being;
• Promotes the use of the feedback forms – We’re Listening & You Have a Voice and ensure they are always available;
• Responds promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues;
• Promotes the value of Satisfaction surveys and implements initiatives to encourage maximum participation and follow up;
• Must be a certified Administrator through Ontario Retirement Communities Association;
• Have completed a Management course or have a minimum 3 years equivalent experience;
• Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources, finance, labour relations, marketing and department coordination;
• Must possess good public relations and communication skills;
• Must have a strong working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office, specifically Excel and Word;
• Must demonstrate initiative, good judgment and foster a positive work atmosphere.
WE INVEST IN YOU:
• Tuition Assistance
• Continuous growth and development
• Self-fulfillment through meaningful relationships with clients
• Employee Recognition and Discount Programs
• Employee Referral Bonus
• A dynamic and supportive working environment
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
Interim VP, Retirement Operations
Please quote the competition number RW GM 0315 in the subject line of your fax or email.
Please note that if hired, your employment with the Company will be contingent on receipt of a police and vulnerable sector screening free of criminal activities and satisfactory to our Police Records Check and Vulnerable Screening policy.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, wherever appropriate, support will be provided in the recruitment process and accommodations for disabilities will be provided on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Respect ° Passion ° Teamwork ° Responsibility ° Growth
More jobs in Retirement Living Division
posted on: Monday, Mar 16, 2015
posted on: Wednesday, Mar 18, 2015
posted on: Monday, Mar 16, 2015