Concierge - Royale Kingston
As a valued member of the team, the Concierge demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with organization’s vision and mission.
(But not limited to):
A. Customer Service
· Responds to all resident and visitor enquiries as their first priority;
· Promotes positive customer service principles and practises with residents, staff and visitors at all times;
· Demonstrates behaviours in line with the core values of the company in all verbal and written communications;
· Handles resident enquiries diplomatically, utilizing problem solving & complaint resolution skills and ensures all complaints are forwarded to the General Manager in writing;
· Greets all visitors to the building and ensures that their needs are addressed in a pleasant and unhurried fashion;
· Supports marketing by welcoming visitors who have come for a tour and offering seating & refreshments should they have to wait for any time in the front lobby area;
· Supports the change process by providing positive messaging & clarification to residents / families / staff.
· Responds to all sales enquiries (phone or drop in) using the script and directives provided by the Retirement Counsellor or designate;
· Collects all required information from enquiries and ensures that all messages / information are communicated promptly;
· Conducts mini tours in accordance with the policy of the home;
· Supports the Retirement Counsellor with clerical tasks related to creative follow up or computer support as requested;
C. Safety & Security
· Responds promptly to resident calls via the emergency response system;
· Provides support to residents on a regular basis as required ie. re-direction, phone and verbal reminders;
· Maintains protocols that support the policy on monitoring resident well-being & requests that residents sign out when leaving the building;
· Screens all visitors in accordance with infection control screening procedures;
· Completes security rounds or procedures as assigned.
D. General Administration
· Maintains confidentiality of all systems & correspondence related to the business;
· Oversees general reception / entrance area and ensures that it is tidy and welcoming at all times;
· Provides clerical and computer support to all managers as requested;
· Maintains accurate record keeping and updates all checklists, spreadsheets and reports as required;
· Provides residents and families with general information about services and upcoming events;
· Completes required records to support cash transactions related to the sale of guest and staff meal vouchers / tickets;
· Supports all Occupational Health and Safety policies & procedures;
· Participates on committees as assigned & attends in service & educational sessions to remain current with internal & industry changes;
· Other duties as assigned.
E. Occupational Health and Safety / Fire Safety
· Advises supervisor or designate immediately of all staff incidents that may result in an Occupational Accident Claim, any concerns with the physical plant, incidents or injuries and completes required reports;
· Follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers, and residents;
· Wears personal protective equipment as designated;
· Maintains a clean, safe environment for residents utilizing infection control principles;
· Maintains a sound working knowledge of their role & responsibilities during all Emergency situations when working different shifts;
· Participates in drills to prepare for emergencies and attends all education sessions in relation to emergency preparedness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Positive attitude & proven customer service skills through related work experience;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Completion of grade 12 education and additional applied courses preferred - ie. office administration;
· Proven organizational skills & ability to multi task;
· Must demonstrate computer proficiency with MS Office, specifically Excel and Word and power point.
WE INVEST IN YOU:
· Tuition Assistance
· Continuous growth and development
· Self-fulfillment through meaningful relationships with clients
· Employee Recognition and Discount Programs
· Employee Referral Bonus
· A dynamic and supportive working environment
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
The Royale Kingston
2485 Princess Street
Kingston, ON K7M 3G1
Fax: (613) 389-2407
Competition Number: CON KIN 0315
Please quote the competition number
CON KIN 0315 in the subject line of your fax or email.
Please note that if hired, your employment with The Royale will be contingent on receipt of a police and vulnerable sector screening free of criminal activities and satisfactory to The Royale’s Police Records Check and Vulnerable Screening policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Respect ° Passion ° Teamwork ° Responsibility ° Growth
More jobs in Retirement Living Division
posted on: Monday, Mar 16, 2015
posted on: Wednesday, Mar 18, 2015
posted on: Monday, Mar 16, 2015